Hi, I'm Brittany.
and I am an imperfectionist.
I am honestly the last one to notice a smear of jam on the walls or dust on the furniture, and while it makes me utterly useless as a housekeeper, it is useful when it comes to seeing the beauty in every situation. I have an innate ability to look beyond flaws and find the light within every person, relationship, home, and life.
Inspired by a mix of Elizabeth Gilbert and Brené Brown, my personal motto is “half-assed and wholehearted”. Why would anyone in their right mind admit to or strive for half-assed? Because only by opening myself up to the reality of my human imperfections can I truly be content to accept and love myself, my life, and everyone around me. When I am willing to jump into a situation with my whole heart… knowing that it will be messy, I feel ALIVE.
My photography is not going to make you look perfect. I am not going to ask you to feign having your shit together, or to pretend to be an eternally happy and meticulously styled family.
And yet I am also not going to call out your imperfections for the sake of ‘authenticity’. While I take a documentary approach to most of my sessions, the goal is not necessarily to tell every dirty little secret about your unfolded laundry or your messy basement. I lean toward close-up shots and artistically chosen angles that are more representative of the beauty and emotion that I see than a perfectly accurate portrayal of reality.
Some days it feels like all we are doing is refereeing arguments, wiping butts, or nagging with reminders, but I can assure you that there is so much beauty between those moments. That beauty is the story that you are working so hard to build for your family. That story is the legacy that your children want you to preserve. That perspective is a gift to yourself and to your family.
Together we will plan a session that best captures your family in their natural state. Sessions take place at a location that holds meaning to you: your home, a favourite place to hang out, or a beautiful natural setting.
Your Session Planning Consultation:
- Discovers the unique relationships being documented.
- Plans how you would like to preserve those memories.
- Takes a peek into your lifestyle to personalize your session.
- Discusses possible session locations.
- Evaluates wardrobe options.
Your Connection Session:
- Is simple in its beauty, free of visual distractions.
- Creates emotional art that makes a statement and leaves a legacy.
- Is full of snuggles, tickle fights, adventure, and heartfelt conversations.
- Reconnects you in a powerful way that goes far beyond the photographs.
- Is relaxed, with no pressure toward perfection.
- Is deeply representative of your unique love.
Your Documentary Session:
- Captures the honest beauty of your simple everyday or incredible life event.
- Is laid-back, with no obligation of perfection.
- Creates a series of images that together tell a story and are perfect to be displayed in a group or preserved in an album,
- Is candid, as I quietly observe your unique interactions and capture the beauty from my perspective.
- Creates a detailed and incredibly meaningful legacy of your real, beautiful life.
Your Intimate Wedding:
- Is more than just an event, more than a couple of consumers chasing bridal industry trends.
- Is an authentic celebration of your love that is deep and genuine, honest and comfortable.
- Those celebrating with you have been carefully chosen to bear witness to your commitment and to support you in the years and adventures ahead.
Your Wedding Photography
- Is built around an heirloom album, hand-crafted in Canada and designed to share the legacy of your love story for generations.
- Centers on your authentic connection and the pure emotions of the day.
- Does not artificially co-opt hours out of your day to play at perfection for the sake of formal photographs.
- Offers you a space to take time out of your day to be fully present with each other.
- Celebrates the story of your day and the love of those you choose to share it with.
- Creates the authentic images that tug your heart and soul back to that moment that you joined your lives together as one.
Your Image Selection Appointment:
- Provides you with only that which you absolutely love, with no minimum purchases or set packages.
- Presents your carefully curated collection in a beautiful slideshow for your enjoyment.
- Provides professional guidance in wall art selection with custom previews of actual size images on your own walls.
- Presents custom album designs to best tell your story from the artist's perspective, and walks you through any design alterations you may desire.
- Offers professional assistance in selecting the art options, custom finishes and framing, album styles, and gift options best suited to your lifestyle.
- Ensures only the highest quality art & heirlooms, each hand-crafted in Canada.
- Avoids having your enjoyment of your images delayed indefinitely by busy life, decision paralysis, and procrastination easily encountered when presented only with discs and digital galleries.
- Includes digital backups of all images ordered as art & albums "just in case".
You custom photography will give you only exactly what you love. There is no minimum purchase, and there are no pre-defined packages limiting your options.
Please get in touch to schedule your consultation.
So you are looking for a photographer who cherishes the beauty of everyday moments between people in love? Awesome!
I can't wait to learn more about your love and to discuss how we can capture and preserve your honest connections.
Go ahead and get in touch for an obligation-free cup of coffee!
You can also reach me by phone at 780.305.5094
Serving Whitecourt and Barrhead areas, and available for travel to Jasper National Park.